Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Faith is...

..not wishful thinking or believing what you know isn't true. Instead, it is the conviction that God will always do what He promises to do, regardless of the circumstances. Faith proclaims the trustworthiness of God and His complete and willing ability to do what we cannot.
This comes out of a little devotional called "Time for God with Mothers".  I love that definition of faith! I am just reminded over and over again how much God wants us to totally trust Him with our lives and that He is totally trustworthy! It is impossible for God to be unfaithful or untrustworthy! He cannot be those things! Let that sink in and build your faith!
  I'll be honest, I've sort of been dreading these next 3 weeks and the possible side effects. The doctors say the effects of chemo and radiation are cumulative. It feels a bit like waiting for a bomb to drop.
 However, God is giving me grace for each moment and taking away my fear of the unknown. I'm praying that the opposite will be true...that I feel better and better the closer I am to the finish line! Sixteen down and twelve more to go!
   My WBC actually came up a bit which is an answer to prayer! I'm enjoying lying on the trampoline these sunny days to boost my Vit D levels which also boosts my immune system. My RBC went down a little so I sent Kyle and Valerie to the store for some steak. It is tricky sticking to a low fiber diet but it is worth it cuz I feel so much better when I do. I am being very intentional about napping every day and not pushing myself. Duane and the kids have been great at running the house.
 We are just so thankful for everyone who has blessed us with meals, gifts, transportation and prayers! You are the hands and feet of Jesus! Going to treatment is so much more FUN when you can spend the time with your girlfriends!! I am looking forward to summer and feeling good and having a break from treatments. I am also trying to savor this time and the sweet presence of Jesus as I rest and heal. I will be patient. This is a small part of my journey in the grand scheme of life and I do not want to miss anything that Jesus has for me!
 I love you all and have a fabulous day!!


Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.


Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
 

3 comments:

  1. Dear daughter, I am so proud of the way you are allowing God full sway in your life as you journey on this path. Truly, what the enemy has meant for evil in this situation God is definitely using for good to build up your trust and faith and also as an example to others in how to respond to difficult circumstances. May His richest blessings yet be in store for you because of your obedience. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for God's healing power to flow through your body. Grace and peace on your life

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your surrender to your perfect FATHER in heaven and your total faith in him. know this is causing a shift in the heavenlys. you can have what you ask. its abought HIM and his perfect love revealed through His son who took all to the cross and was raised up by His FATHER. to see us made whole body soul and spirit. so proud of you. love you much DAD.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave words of encouragement and prayers here: