Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Be anxious for nothing....

   ...but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus! Phil. 4:6-7
  It has been awhile since I blogged! I've been busy jamming my summer into one month and oh what fun it has been! These past weeks hold many sweet memories and it feels good to have phase one behind me!
I'm so thankful for:
1. Energy!!! I appreciate being able to cook and clean again believe it or not!
2.A wonderful family vacation at Raystown. I even squeezed in some water skiing! Such a peaceful place to be!
3.The end of the school year and more free time!
4.Many precious birthday celebrations from breakfast parties to pedicures, lots of presents!  Hobby Lobby shopping, lunch with friends, dinner with family and lots of laughter! I felt quite spoiled, loved on and blessed!
5.Adrienne's new job.
6.A bigger work van for Duane. He is having fun getting it all set up.
7.Kyle's job and that he can help Duane out when needed.
8.Summer! My favorite time as I get a break from homeschooling and can catch up on housework and projects.
9. Unhurried mornings to meet with Jesus.
I cherish these gifts and so many more!!
  There are times when anxiety and fear want to creep in as I think about the future. Fear of the unknown and the reality of the changes that will be taking place in my body occupy my thoughts. Add hormonal changes to that and you get a very interesting mix of emotions! Mostly tears! I'm so thankful for friends and family who understand. I know that it is very normal to feel this way. The best cure is to continue to feed on God's word. His words are truth and I'm so thankful to have something to hold me firmly. He is my anchor in all of this!
   My surgery is scheduled for Friday, June 26th. They will resection my bowel and will give me a temporary ileostomy. It will probably be about a 3 hour surgery and I'll be in the hospital for 4-5 days. Some days the waiting seems long and I just want to get it over with but I'm sure it will be here before I know it!
    For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds, says the Lord...
Jeremiah 30:17a
  God is challenging me to speak His word over myself daily. Isaiah 55:11 says, " So is my word that goes out from my mouth; It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." This season of my life has caused me to dig into God's word even more. That and your prayers enable me to walk in peace when the fears come.  The more I dig into the Word I see that it is full of power, life and good news and promises!
  Laughter is so refreshing and I pray that this next phase holds lots of it! I'll just say in advance, that if I fart, fluffer or toot in your presence, I'm sorry, I can't help it.
I know you are either laughing or totally grossed out...oh well. Get used to it.
Thanks for your prayers and love!
Marcia





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave words of encouragement and prayers here: