Monday, July 6, 2015

After a week in the hospital...

...it is so good to be home. After a few days at home....I'm buggy. Ha Ha!! Well, it is still very good to be home. I am now 11 days post op and I'm getting stronger each day. I still sleep a lot and just am focused on eating healthy, resting and taking care of me. I went nearly a week without much sustenance so my body had to get used to eating again. I still have some intense belly aches at times but they are becoming less and less. I'm not in pain other than the usual tender belly and bottom from things being rearranged in there. The Drs are very pleased with my progress.  I'm still waiting on the pathology and CT scan results.
  I would have to say the recovery was more difficult than I imagined and I'm so glad the surgery is behind me. I know I was able to be peaceful through it all because of your prayers and just trusting God for each moment. I spent an hour one night commanding gas to come out of my belly in Jesus name!! Imagine 5 days of farts trapped inside your already bloated belly. Yeah! Not pleasant! I told Duane I would rather have 5 babies than go through that again! 
 My Mom brought the girls to see me every day. One afternoon when I was feeling miserable, they prayed over me for the bloating to go away. Soon after that things started moving. Precious times to see them growing in their faith and helping to take such good care of me.
 Yesterday I was feeling discouraged and was hitting God with the why questions. Today the title of  my devotions was "Coping With Life's Challenges".  Life is a set of challenges. We are tempted to see these challenges as preventing us from carrying out the ministry that God has given us. In fact, dealing with the problems is the ministry. (Bible in a year)
 Right now, my ministry is continuing to walk in gratitude and trust God in each moment.
You may never know, in this life, how God uses your faithfulness in the face of challenges.
Today, I'm encouraged to keep on keeping on. God can and will use all this stuff for good. May He be glorified!!
 


I took the world off your shoulders, freed you from a life of hard labor.
You called to me in your pain;
I got you out of a bad place
The Message
Psalm 81:6-7


Lots of love!
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave words of encouragement and prayers here: