Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I am Free...

.... In Jesus Name. This is the name of  a song by Darlene Zschech. She battled cancer and takes a moment to pray for others during this song who are fighting cancer as well.  The words of this song are a very powerful declaration. I love hearing my girls walk around the house singing this!


"In Jesus' Name"

God is fighting for us,
God is on our side
He has overcome,
Yes He has overcome
We will not be shaken,
We will not be moved
Jesus You are here
[x2]

Carrying our burdens,
Covering our shame
He has overcome,
Yes He has overcome
We will not be shaken,
We will not be moved
Jesus You are here

I will live, I will not die
The resurrection power of Christ
Alive in me and I am free
In Jesus' Name
I will live, I will not die
I will declare and lift You high,
Christ revealed and I am healed
In Jesus' Name

God is fighting for us,
Pushing back the darkness
Lighting up the Kingdom
That cannot be shaken
In the Name of Jesus,
Enemy's defeated
And we will shout it out,
Shout it out
[repeat]

  I'm making good progress with my surgery recovery. The soreness has become much less over the last week. My ileostomy is working well and is also healing nicely. Friday it will be 4 weeks since surgery! My energy level is still not back to normal but my family is picking up the slack nicely!   I'm just so thankful to have wonderful family and friends to cover us in prayer and help us on this journey!

  My pathology results are in and the margins on my bowel section were all good. My tumor shrank from 5 cm to 1.5cm. They removed all 15 lymph nodes in that area and 2 of them had cancer.
The nodule in my lung disappeared but another one showed up. My chemo Dr. seemed to feel like it is probably not cancer by the way it is "acting" for lack of a better word, but he made it very clear that they will keep a close eye on it.
  On Aug. 3 I'll be having a port put in ( minor surgery) and will probably start chemo on the 4th if all my blood work is good. This is called preventative chemo. I'll get 12 rounds of it over 6 months. I will go every 2 weeks to the cancer center at the Health Campus in Lancaster and be there for about 3 hours to get my infusion. Then I'll come home hooked up to a pump for 2 days to get the remainder of the drug. I'll probably finish chemo in January and then a month or so later have my ileostomy reversed!!
  I'm so glad the surgery is behind me. It is easy to get overwhelmed when I think about the next 6 months but I must remember to take one day at a time and trust that His grace is sufficient for each moment!! Pray for strength and health over me and my family as we begin this next phase in a few weeks! I'm on my way to being cancer free! Thank you Jesus!


Marcia

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave words of encouragement and prayers here: