Friday, March 20, 2015

Tattoos, Treatments and Testimonies!

  So this week I got "tattooed" for my radiation treatments. Just 3 small dots, but they are now a permanent part of me and my story. God is writing my story. It is full of twists and turns that I did not anticipate but nothing takes God by surprise. I'm trusting and believing that He is at work preparing the way before me and making the path smooth.  My prayer is that there will be many opportunities to testify of  God's faithfulness on the road ahead. 
  This has been a week of rest, preparation and fun. My Mom is helping me give my house a good cleaning. A dear friend of my Mother-in-law took the girls and I to see the movie Cinderella as a special treat. I am working on getting my blood count back up to normal by taking iron and eating iron rich foods and getting plenty of sleep!!
  God has blessed us with the opportunity to talk to several other people who have had my diagnosis and are now cancer free. It is so great to be able to ask questions in a setting other than the doctors office!! I feel like it helps me to know what to expect and I know they will also be praying for me!








  On Monday the daily ( M-F)  trips to the cancer center begin.  Chemo and radiation begin on Tues., March 24th and end on Apr. 30th. provided I do not miss any days. Here are some verses that I'm claiming and praying over myself for the next 6 weeks.

 For the Lord God is a sun and shield,
The Lord will give grace and glory,
 No good thing will He withhold from
 those who walk uprightly.
 Psalm 84:11
 This verse spoke to me because I see the radiation as God's sun on my cancer to kill it and praying that He will shield my other organs in the same area from unnecessary side effects.


The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One will save.
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you in His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17
Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matt. 6:34


As always, we cherish your prayers for our family. We do feel God quieting us with His love and calming our fears. We are asking God for minimal side effects from the treatments, wisdom for all the Drs. and nurses caring for me and grace to live and thrive the next 6 weeks!
Thank you so much!
Marcia





 

5 comments:

  1. Marcia, You are beautiful inside and out. I am praying that you will have His peace that passes understanding and you will hold tight to His promises and be amazed by His love and abundant grace. You were made to thrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying. Praising God for His strength shining in and through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to inspire and encourage me, from the words of Truth you speak and write! I especially like how you said "with God there are no surprises". He knows everything and is right there besides us:) We pray for you (& your family) every night as a family when we do our night time devotions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you as you walk through this journey!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave words of encouragement and prayers here: