Saturday, March 28, 2015

Ever Be..

Your praise will ever be on my lips. These are some of the lyrics to a Bethel song that I've been soaking up. Powerful words. This is a goal of mine these next weeks to keep God's praises on my lips. I have so many things to be praising Him for:
1. My devoted Heavenly Father whose love never fails.
2. My devoted husband who is faithfully and cheerfully walking this road with me.
3.My devoted kids who are picking up the slack around the house.
4. My devoted friends and family who bring us yummy food and take me to treatments.
5. So many cards and sweet notes of encouragement.
I could go on and on because we feel so cared for and words just seems so inadequate to express Thanks!
  One week down and five more to go! This week has been pretty easy. I've had a little nausea ( kind of feels like I'm prego) and some diarrhea (Imodium is my friend). I get a nap every afternoon and plenty of sleep at nighttime.
  I desire to live these next weeks well, with a cheerful heart. I believe praise is a very powerful tool that God has given to us to defeat the lies of the enemy, tear down strongholds, calm our fears, heal our diseases and so much more. Confessing God's wonderful promises with our mouths chases away the enemy!! We all know that the Israelites grumbling didn't gain them anything, in fact it kept them from achieving all that God had for them. So, that said, you can pray for strength for me and my family to do just this!!
  I'll tell you a bit about my radiation treatments.  I go Mon-Fri. They are very short. In fact, it takes longer to get me all set up and positioned on the table properly than it does to actually get the treatment. My understanding is that there are three red laser beams that intersect at the tumor to deliver the radiation. They use my tattoos to make sure the beams hit the right spot. Of course, I can't see what is happening because I'm laying face down on a special table that has no middle. My belly sags so that my other organs are protected from the rays. It is not really comfortable but not painful either. I feel nothing when I'm actually getting the treatment. The purpose of the radiation is to shrink the tumor. Sometimes the tumor completely disappears. ( That is what I'm asking God for! )  They will scan me again at the end of these 6 weeks to check how it worked. I lay on the table and declare God's promises over me. He is my Sun and My shield! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly etc...
  We love you all bunches and we feel your prayers!


Psalm 63:3-8
Your unfailing love is better than life itself;
    how I praise you!
I will praise you as long as I live,
    lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
You satisfy me more than the richest feast.
    I will praise you with songs of joy.
I lie awake thinking of you,
    meditating on you through the night.
Because you are my helper,
    I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings.
I cling to you;
    your strong right hand holds me securely.






 


1 comment:

  1. You shall "ever be" blessed, strengthened and changed as a result of this journey and you shall "ever be" thankful for this opportunity to testify of our Lord's faithfulness in the midst of this trial, "because when you have stood the test, you will receive the crown of Life that God has promised to those who love Him. James 1:12

    ReplyDelete

Please leave words of encouragement and prayers here: